Five interesting facts about hair loss
Hair loss is a very serious issue. Every year, hair transplants are reaching a higher degree of improvement, offering not only aesthetic solutions but also answers for self-esteem and health. Over the years, more people have come to rely on this effective solution to deal with their alopecia problems. But like everything in life, there are always some interesting details. In this post, we’ll bring you a few of the most striking points about hair loss in the field.
Five interesting facts about hair loss
1) The first thing we’ll discover is that, in order for hair loss to be noticeable to the human eye, one has to lose 50% of all their hair!
Hair emerges from the scalp and is located inside the follicular units, which can contain different amounts of hair. On average, 20% contain only one, 45% contain two, 30% contain three, and 10% contain four or more hairs.
In reality, there are many factors that contribute to hair loss and subsequent baldness.
2) The second interesting fact is that there is both temporary and permanent alopecia. This means that some cases can be solved without the need for transplantation or hair products; on the other hand, others do require these.
There are different types of alopecia – and almost as many causes as there are types or variants of this pathology. There are also differences between acute telogen effluvium and chronic telogen effluvium.
The problem of acute telogen effluvium is reversible and can be caused by various situations that damage the scalp, such as stress, nutritional deficits, infections (bacterial or fungal), hormonal imbalances, excessive use of heat sources, or toxic substances (gel, lacquer, wax).
Additionally, medical and radiation treatments used in therapy for other pathologies can cause acute hair loss.
Once the triggering factor for hair loss is removed, hair begins to grow healthily once again.
The problem of chronic telogen effluvium can become irreversible: hair will not be replaced with new hair. In the vast majority of cases, there are several types caused by a combination of factors; the genetic factor is the most decisive, causing the so-called androgenetic alopecia.
In these cases, the only definitive solution to get your old look back and recover the area without hair is to resort to a hair transplant.
3) The third interesting fact will surely calm many people worried about hair loss. Daily loss ranges from 50 to 100 hairs, but most of that hair regrows because the follicular unit remains intact, so this is nothing to worry about. You can breathe easy.
4) The fourth interesting thing we’ll find out is that alopecia affects approximately 50% of men and about 30-50% of women; this percentage increases with the years. If you are a woman, you have a better chance of avoiding this disease, which occurs so often in today’s society. Still, this is no reason not to worry about hair care.
Every patient must undergo an exhaustive evaluation so that the type of alopecia present can be determined. It’s also important to consider hair density: this is one of the most important factors when evaluating the patient to thus be able to determine the amount of hair to be transplanted.
5) The fifth and final interesting fact is that it is possible for about 4000 follicular units to be removed in a single procedure. That corresponds to more than 9000 hairs, allowing us to cover a large part of the area without hair and thus restore the patient’s desired look.
Insparya, your hair clinic in Madrid
If you’re experiencing hair loss and don’t know why, you should get a prior evaluation from a professional. Insparya isn’t just a clinic; it’s part of the largest Clinical Medical Hair Group. It’s #1 in hair transplants in Europe and is constantly developing in the fields of science, technology, and research. If you want an assessment from the best, trust Insparya. The hair clinic trusted by Cristiano Ronaldo.