Did you know that your hair also ages?
- Just as we dedicate special attention to skin care and the prevention of its aging, our hair also deserves to be included in our daily beauty routine. This will mitigate the effects of the passage of time, which also affects our hair health.
- However, the idea that hair also ages is unknown to many people. If you are one of them, keep reading to learn how to identify the most common symptoms of hair aging and how to remedy them.
- What are the causes of aging hair?
The passing of the years leaves its mark on our entire body and ends up being seen very clearly on our skin and hair. The good news is that we can reduce the symptoms of that tired and weakened appearance. But the first thing is to identify the causes that contribute to hair becoming dull and fragile due to aging:
- Age is the main factor. Cellular oxidation multiplies over the years, cells renew more slowly and in general our body weakens.
- Genetics plays a key role in how our hair ages. If you have a family history of hair loss, you may have a greater chance of experiencing earlier hair aging as well as of suffering from alopecia. Luckily, there is a definitive solution for baldness in which we are experts at Insparya after more than 50,000 procedures over 14 years: the hair transplant.
- Hormonal changes, such as those that occur during menopause in women and aging in men, can affect hair health. If you suspect that this may be the case, consult a specialist to find a solution as soon as possible.
- Stress and anxiety can have a negative impact on hair health. They contribute to the fall and make it more fragile and brittle.
- Lifestyle also has a lot to say in aging hair. Proper nutrition, regular exercise, and stress reduction can help keep your hair healthy for longer.
- Environmental factors, including sun and pollution, can also contribute to fragile and dry hair. Protecting it with hats or special products is a good way to fight against the clock.
- What are the symptoms of aging hair?
Aging hair can manifest itself in several ways depending on the person and if there is any other cause besides the passage of time behind this deterioration in hair health. But here are some of the most common symptoms:
- Loss of volume and density of hair. Over time, hair can become thinner, less dense, and less full-bodied. This can be especially visible on the top of the head.
- Dehydration. The hair is becoming increasingly dry, which results in its fragility.
- Appearance of gray hair. Although in some people they have a marked genetic factor, gray hair is a common symptom of hair aging. The hair gradually loses its natural pigmentation, turning gray and eventually white.
- Dull hair. Over the years, the scalp loses its ability to produce the sebum that moisturizes the hair, so the hair shines less and less.
- More fragile and brittle hair. In addition to age, there are other factors such as exposure to the sun and wind, the excessive use of hair styling tools with heat or a poor diet. Thus, weakened hair breaks more easily, which can trigger alopecia.
- How can you prevent your hair from aging?
Although we cannot stop the passage of time or modify our genetic predisposition, we can minimize the effects of hair aging. Taking care of our hair, as we said at the beginning, must be part of our daily routine. In addition, if we create some good habits, we will also improve our overall wellbeing, something that is reflected in hair health. We are referring to the regular practice of physical exercise, to maintaining a balanced diet or to reducing stress.
But, thankfully, innovation in the area of hair health is on our side. In addition to using quality hair products that are adapted to the needs of our hair every day, such as Insparya shampoos, there are hair treatments available to rejuvenate our hair. They are easy to apply, without side effects and are highly effective in regaining vitality and strength.
At Insparya clinics, you can undergo treatments as advanced as MesoHair+ hair mesotherapy, with an exclusive formulation made up of a high concentration of nutrients. With its quick and painless application, we achieve bio stimulation and nutrition of the hair. The treatment is widely used to boost the results of hair transplant, although any occasion is good to provide extra nutrition to our hair.
But, without a doubt, the star treatment to rejuvenate hair and prevent loss of shine and weakening is ActivePlasma Insparya. We extract growth factors from the patient’s own blood and apply them to the scalp with painless microinjections. This is how we are able to regenerate the tissues of the scalp and hair. The result? Younger and healthier hair.
Both treatments can be applied together, depending on what our specialists decide is best for you. In addition, photobiomodulation can be added, which can also be applied individually, and which contributes to achieving the rejuvenating effect we are looking for. With this technique, we subject the scalp to low-frequency laser light in sessions of at least 20 minutes, at least four times a week. This way, the cells of the follicular unit are stimulated and the blood circulation that nourishes them is activated. More nutrients and oxygen reach the follicle, so the hair will grow strong and resilient.
As you can see, delaying the aging of hair is possible. Therefore, if you have noticed these first symptoms, it is best to book your first appointment at Insparya now. You will receive a free diagnosis and we will immediately get to work to get you back the healthy and young hair you once had.